Friday, January 8, 2010

Hallmark Cards

I went to the card store to get a birthday card for my mom today.

I couldn't believe it, but I picked out the greatest greeting card, birthday card, I've ever seen for her. It was so good I might just go back tomorrow and buy another just to put on my bulletin board.

I looked at one card and it was so-so. So I reached down for another one and when I read it, I couldn't believe it. I felt suddenly emotional and had a tear in my eye (this is true, no joke). It described my dear mother in just a few words ... to a T.

I can't describe it entirely, and I don't remember what it said. But it was about the size of a card that you put money in, narrow like that. It had dark glitter all over the front, a strip of white horizontally in the middle, and a tiny card, with slits through which the strip went through. It said something like "Grace..." and a couple other words, virtues. And on the inside it said something about how her boldness and personality ... were something that were amazing (I can't remember what it said).

Whatever it was, it was everything I wanted her to see. So I'm thankful today for Hallmark cards.

They did an excellent job on that one.