Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

We all remember the song by Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams." It's a great one. I've got it on my iTunes and am listening to it right now.

I've also got classical CD called "Sweet Dreams," put out on the CBS label. It is a variety of gentle stuff, like lullabies and various nocturnes. I've heard part of it but not all. I guess I have it on iTunes also. But it doesn't come around very often in the shuffle.

It's almost my bedtime and I love my sweet dreams. When they are sweet. A couple nights ago I was dreaming about scanning a bunch of documents and was all confused about double-siding them. That's no fun for a dream, since it's just repetitious and frustrating.

The best time about bedtime, assuming you can get to sleep easily, as I usually do, is that part of thinking and meditation while you're about to doze off. I use it to burrow in, trying anyway, to burrow into good spiritual places with God. It's just too bad that I haven't been able to have dreams to match, but it definitely is a highlight of my sleep experience!

Then 5:30 a.m. will come and my cell phone alarm will go off. My alarm tone is called "Voice of the Nature." I'd be nice if it was called "Sweet Dreams," although that would be a contradiction to the idea of an alarm.

May all your dreams be centered right in the middle of you. And may my dreams be that tonight.