Friday, January 29, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls

The Elvis movie I'm watching after "Harum Scarum" is "Girls, Girls, Girls."

This is one I got a few years ago on VHS at a garage sale. Since then I got the DVD.

This movie involves Elvis being a fisherman somewhere. He lives on a boat and occasionally sings in a nightclub. He has a (sort of) girlfriend at the club, then after he sings one night, he meets another girl, who becomes his love interest in the movie.

There's some definite unpleasantness in his movie I don't care for, involving Elvis having trouble with an employer, who's also screwing him over on the ownership of a particular boat. They get into a fight, it's just nasty.

But there's some good stuff coming up. I've seen it a couple of times. Including Elvis and his lady and some children and their parents on an island somewhere. The kids are very cute.

Somewhere in the movie, Elvis is hauling in big fish left and right, bringing up the song, "We're Coming In Loaded."

I pretty much like this movie. It's sad that Mama and Papa have to move to Arizona. But it's not too much for my delicate psyche to take. I can stand it, knowing Elvis gave them a good sendoff.