Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do The Vega

Since I'm watching Elvis' film "Viva Las Vegas," between my viewings (of pieces), I'm listening to the soundtrack album.

I see they've recently released most (or all) of Elvis' soundtrack albums with the original artwork. For me, I already have a number of them on the old "Double Features" CDs so I don't plan on buying them, duh. But there could be a few I don't have. Like "Tickle Me," and a few others.

There's a lot of good songs on "Viva Las Vegas," in my opinion. It's nice to be able to visualize the movie in my mind when listening to them. I think it would've been cool if Elvis had sung live in the films, but it wouldn't have been as smooth sounding. Still, that'd be a radical concept for musicals. Do music in them!

The other soundtrack on the "Viva" Double Feature CD is "Rousabout," which is also cool, but the songs on it are mostly in the under-2 minutes category.