Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

I'm watching the Elvis movie "Viva Las Vegas." I've seen it before but it's been long enough, a couple years, that I'd forgotten most of it.

It's a treat so far, I think. Of course I love Elvis, so his movies aren't generally a problem for me. I don't like the ones where he gets beat up too much, killed, or is a juvenile delinquent or prisoner. But otherwise, with the lighter fare after the first few years, I'm fine with them.

"Viva Las Vegas" is obviously in that category. A love story with Ann-Margret as his love interest. So far I've seen a few musical numbers, including the one Elvis does at the University of Nevada and the one he and Ann do together, then he's at the piano at her father's place. They're all real good.

I also liked the musical sequence involved in Elvis' and the other guy's journeys to clubs to look for Ann-Margret. The "Texas" segment I don't care for much though.