Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Worthy Facebook Shout-Out

I see a lot of people had this for their status recently:
Every single one of you are on my friend list as a result of a conscious decision. I am not only glad to count you as friends but also as family! Let's see who in my Friend's List actually pays attention. Copy and repost this in your own bulletin. You can't choose family but... you can choose friends..
I actually was paying attention, obviously. But whether I'm going to copy and repost this in my own bulletin doesn't have anything to do with whether I was paying attention. I can't choose your status but ... I can choose mine.

Anyway, it's great to choose your friends wisely! Then to give them a good shout-out. Every one of you is precious to me!

I'm giving a shout-out tonight to you, my worthy readers. I didn't choose you. You just showed up. Thank you for that, and I hope you enjoyed your stay. If there's anything I can do at this blog to make your time more enjoyable, don't be afraid to ask. Of course I can't give any guarantees, but if it were something reasonable, I might be able to accommodate you.