Saturday, March 27, 2010

My CPR/First Aid Class

Like I said a couple days ago, I had a CPR/First Aid class coming up, and today was it.

I made it through, missing only a few on the exams. Whew, I was really swearing it too. You wouldn't think the Red Cross would get tricky with the questions on the exams, but they do. It seems to me that if you sit through the demonstrations and videos and do the actual hands-on stuff that that'd be good enough.

Oh well, I passed, and that's what counts.

Now, would I feel comfortable actually doing CPR? Well, I'm not rushing out looking for cases. But if I happened to be there and it happened to happen, I'd at least have some idea of what to do, whereas before I would've been lost. They'd have a better chance with me today than the other day. I wouldn't run the other direction. I'd be doing the breaths, the compressions, and hoping that the professionals got there quickly.

I'm happy to have this behind me. Except you need to get recertified every year. That'll probably be a positive thing for me. I'll read the book and be more familiar with it and I'm sure I'll know plenty about it by next year.