Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Sherlock Holmes Foggy Night

Last night when I took the dog out, it was a weird feeling night. It was foggy and it was still, no wind. It was peaceful, except when a car drove by. Because there was some moisture on the street, and you could hear the wheels picking up water and making that high splashing sound.

When all the cars were passed, it went back to a great stillness. I love it when there's no wind. You can feel like you're well balanced.

It reminded me of an old Sherlock Holmes movie, which had something to do with a claw. It was something like this, that people were being killed by a claw and many assumed was an animal, but was actually a guy with a claw. I found it. It was called "The Scarlet Claw."

Sherlock (Basil Rathbone) is walking along with this guy, who says, "Three deaths and three days," and he indicates that there needs to be one more, Mr. Holmes' death himself!

That's what I was thinking about while walking on that peaceful foggy night. Not a good thought. I'd much rather just look around and think about the enclosure that the fog seems to give.