Thursday, April 2, 2009

American Idol Last Night

Let's see, the low vote getter was someone named Megan Joy. I remember when they started her name was Corkney or Corker or something like that. But apparently she got a divorce and changed her name midstream so her husband's name wouldn't be attached to her too much. I'm guessing. I heard something about it.

Whether we actually remember her at all is probably what she's facing now. I don't believe I will remember her. I'll read this blog someday and think, "Who?" But she was an American Idol contestant once upon a time. Just like three or four years ago. I'm drawing a blank except for Taylor Hicks and the ones who were the first several runners up. But whether I remember her or not doesn't matter. What matters is what she does from here on out. That is if she wants to have a career in music.

I missed her performance on Tuesday night. I just heard a snippet of it. But since the song she sang last night was a replay of Tuesday, that must have been it. Better or worse? That's what I want to know. Because last night was terrible.

Lady Gaga was there too and was amazing. I've never seen her in a performance. I have her CD, which is good, definitely in places. She might be called the new Material Girl in a way, since a few of the songs on the CD have to do with being rich and having lots of cool possessions. I like it pretty much. But I thought she was amazing on the show.

David Cook did a good job too belting out his new single. It's hard to believe it's only been four months since his CD came out. I have it too. I listened to it several times when I first got it but pretty much forgot about it. I liked it. I hate what they do, though, when they have a "hidden track," like on his album. They have this enormous blank spot, then his song begins. So I edited that out when putting the CD on my Ipod.

David Cook does a good job in performance. Being on Idol it was great to see him. But he sounds nearly anemic compared to my favorite this year, Adam Lambert. David definitely has a more traditional sound. Hopefully Adam will win. His style is great, wild, almost manic. I love it.