Monday, April 27, 2009

Bob Dylan's Pandemic

I remember an old Bob Dylan song -- one of his talking blues songs -- that says something like, "Everyone's walking 'round ..." uh, I better look it up because I can't remember what he says.

I can't find it. "See themselves and nobody else." Something like that.

OK, never mind, I found it. It's from the song, "Talkin' World War III Blues," and the line says, "Everybody's having them dreams. Everybody sees themselves walkin' around with no one else."

I used to have that dream when I was a kid, before I knew anything about Bob Dylan. Maybe it was a widespread dream at the time.

Now that we have the swine flu pandemic, who knows, maybe we'll start having that dream again. Ten thousand shall fall at your right hand, but it won't come near you.

It'd be a terrible life without everyone else around, though.

P.S. - Isn't that great of Bob Dylan? Right on his site, bobdylan.com, apparently they have the lyrics to every one of his songs! Great thing to give.