Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No April Fool's Jokes

No one tried any April Fool's jokes on me today. I wasn't overly wary, but I still thought about it this morning. If someone tells me something unbelievable, try to count to three before accepting it.

But it hasn't happened. Maybe we're moving past April Fool's jokes? I don't know. I know, say, 30 years ago it seemed like the rage. Parody editions of things. I haven't seen any today, although I haven't really been looking.

Maybe American Idol will do an April Fool's joke tonight and say Adam Lambert's in the bottom three. There's no way he will be of course (God forbid), but it would make an interesting April Fool's joke. I'm not going to believe it if it happens!

We used to do them at home when I was a kid. My mom even did. Then we did it with my kids too, like tell them they're late for school. I remember doing that once. But no one really likes April Fool's jokes. So I find myself not doing them anymore, and I hope everyone will pay me the same courtesy.