Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mary Jane Candy

I never heard of this candy. Again, I'm amazed that there can be candy that I haven't heard of. And I don't mean in India or Sri Lanka or Mongolia. Right here in the United States!

I went to the Dollar General store, wanting some candy. I looked at the candy and found something called Mary Jane. It's "Original Mary Jane," so maybe it's an old timer. I has a retro kind of label with a cute little girl. The candy's good! It doesn't smell the best -- at first -- but it tastes great.

It says it's made with molasses and real peanut butter. It's kind of like candy kisses but with a slightly different taste. The manufacturer is Necco, of the little wafers fame, so it's not a fly by night place.

Good stuff. Just makes me wonder ... what else is there I've never seen?