Friday, April 10, 2009

Prairie Belt Smoked Sausage

It's a big world and I'm sure there's lots of things I haven't seen. Here's one of them, till just a couple days ago. I was back at this store today and decided to get a can. I still haven't opened it. Might be good.

It's definitely a funky label, like from the days of Leave It To Beaver. You see a label like that and it suggests many things. Such as why so old looking? Is that the best way to sell smoked sausage? To me it looks like something that time forgot. But I assume the sausages inside were recently alive. The expiration date on the bottom is in 2011.

I was thinking it reminded me of one of the strange products in the National Lampoon Sunday Newspaper parody. But I looked and this isn't as strange as those.

GOING TO OPEN IT - OK, I'm going to open it. This will mean going to the kitchen and getting a plate and some water. So ... I'm pausing here ...

There were seven little sausages, the same height as the can. They have the appearance of normal weiners, just smaller. I put three of them on a plate and ate them. They weren't real pleasant to eat, not a taste or consistency of meat that appeals to me. I can't see myself buying these again.